Unsuccessful applicants to a programme and/or an associated scholarship may appeal procedure following the rejection of their application (including application to EMJMD and Consortium scholarships that are attributed at the time of selection).
The procedure to follow for an appeal to the selection decision for 2015-2017 intake is set as follows:
1. If the applicant does not agree with the final decision of the Eligibility and Selection committee, then s/he may appeal this decision before the Academic & Management Board.
2. In order to be valid, the appeal must be in writing, using following letter of settlment template (page 2 of this document) signed and dated, and send (in .pdf format) by the applicant to the attention of:
Prof. Alain Tremeau, Head of Academic & Management Board and Academic Coordinator.
3. The appeal must be submitted within thirty (30) days following the publication of selection outcome at the latest or, if the applicant appeal against EMJMD or Consortium scholarships attribution decisions, before the 22/04/2015 at the latest.
4. The appeal should set out fully the grounds upon which it disputes the decision of the Selection Committee, together with copies of any relevant supporting documents or justifications upon which it relies. The grounds of the appeal must be based on new elements or facts which were not taken into consideration when the application was originally analyzed. It should be noted that the Academic & Management Board may reject an appeal which is not submitted within the thirty (30) days period or which does not contain the necessary justifications or documentation.
5. The Academic & Management Board will examine every appeal cases, either physically during the Selection Committee to be held on March 23rd, 2015 or virtually any time before the intake starts. The board can decide to reassess and reconsider the application or to deny the appeal procedure after close examination of the applicant’s pleas.
6. The applicant will be informed of the appeal decision of the Academic & Management Board by a written instrument within thirty (30) days following after date of reception of the appeal form.
Important note: the Academic & Management Board is primarily responsible for conflict cases settlement. The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency should not be contacted directly by the student alone, but rather by the Consortium if the conflict, despite the appeal decision, is not resolved.
[last update = 13/11/2015]